The Barrington Yacht Club Race Management Team prides itself on the quality of its efforts for the benefit of competitors in the races we run. The team is highly qualified, lead by a Regional Race Officer, two Club Race Officers, a National Judge, and a Judge, all certified by US Sailing, and a dedicated group of mark boat operators and knowledgeable staff.
Our racing can be divided into three main groups. We conduct racing for all competitors, for members only and special events for classes, associations and other sponsors.
Our races for all competitors are:
- Cox Memorial Series on Tuesday nights
- Frostbite Series (Sundays in Late Fall and Early Spring in Sunfish)
- Pret Gladding and Bud Humphrey Races around Prudence Island (in May and September respectively)
Our races for members include:
- Thursday Night Adult Series (dinghy racing for adult members)
- Walter Seymour Race (between Junior and Adult members)
- 2-Person Racing (double-handed keelboat races)
- Ole Ladies’ Cup (all woman crews encouraged, all boats must have >50% female crews)
In prior years we have run events such as Sunfish North American and World Championships, 420 National, North American and World Championships, Laser 4.7 World Championships, J30 North American Championships, Optimist National Championships, Laser North American Championships.
In addition to the races conducted by the Race Committee, its members have been important contributors to the success of many other races, including: Olympic Trials, The Claggett Regatta, NBYA Junior Race Week, Hospice Regatta, and many others.
The competitors from Barrington Yacht Club have an impressive record in many Regional and National events, including: Newport Bermuda Race ( Multiple winners), The Marion to Bermuda Race, (again multiple winners), Twenty Hundred Club races, Marblehead to Halifax Race, Narragansett Bay Yachting Association Races, Charleston Race Week, and Buzzards Bay Regatta.
Please go to the Links and Resources page of our website for helpful racing links.
Frank Hearn, Race Committee Chair